- Fundamental discoveries promote healthy living and treatment of disease.
- Experiments on animals play a central role in providing insights about the human brain and in helping to make healthy lifestyle choices, prevent disease, and find cures for disorders.
- Research on humans is an essential final step before new treatments are introduced to prevent or cure disorders.
- Neuroscience research has formed the basis for significant progress in treating a large number of disorders.
- Finding cures for disorders of the nervous system is a social imperative.
Explain the brain to your students with a variety of teaching tools and resources.
Best of BrainFacts Newsletter
Our editors' picks from this month's articles.
Personalize Your Emails
Personalize your monthly updates from BrainFacts.org by choosing the topics that you care about most!