Code of Conduct
Readers are encouraged to leave comments on blog posts. Please note that by participating on this blog you accept our terms and conditions.
When commenting, please consider the diverse audience who may view your post. Constructive criticism, feedback, and stimulating questions are acceptable. To ensure everyone gets the most out of the community, please follow some basic guidelines for participation. The BrainFacts.org staff reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comment.
By posting in this space, you agree to abide by the following rules to help promote civility, responsibility, and scholarship.
- You are solely responsible for the content in each comment posted.
- Comments should reflect the subject matter of the post.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Posting confidential information, advertisements, political views, and/or medical advice is prohibited.
- Note all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Be aware that comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
Your comments and feedback are appreciated and will help us build a better blog. The BrainFacts.org editorial staff reserves the right to suspend commenting for any user who violates these rules. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- BrainFacts.org bloggers retain the rights to the material they post. Permission to reprint or repost their materials must be granted by the authors (see permissions below).
- The BrainFacts.org blog site is provided as a service for members of the public. BrainFacts.org and its partners do not necessarily approve or endorse any message posted by users. BrainFacts.org and its partners are not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The Society for Neuroscience and its partners disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall BrainFacts.org founding partners be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. Scientific and medical information found on the site should not be interpreted as medical advice. Such advice can only be obtained from a qualified medical professional.
Unless otherwise stated, the authors of the BrainFacts.org blog own the copyright to the text they post. No material from the BrainFacts.org blog may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without the explicit permission of the owner.
BrainFacts.org has perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive rights to republish an entry on any media. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to BrainFacts.org or its affiliates.
Bloggers have agreed to not use this blog to post any copyright material or intellectual property that is not their own without the express permission of the copyright or intellectual property holder. Images are licensed for use by the copyright holders and can only be used with their permission. Please see the image credits at the end of each post for details.
Bloggers may add links to external sites within a post; however, this does not constitute an endorsement or assurance of accuracy by BrainFacts.org.
YouTube films and videos can be shared under YouTube’s terms and conditions. Unless stated otherwise, all other film and audio content is available for use under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial license.