Ten Years of BrainFacts.org
- Published17 May 2022
- Author Tristan Rivera
- Source BrainFacts/SfN
For ten years, Brainfacts.org has been a space for those who are curious to explore information and experience stories about the brain. Check out where we came from, what we’re doing, and where we’re heading.
BrainFacts.org is funded by our founders — without which our origin story would not be possible:
Our supporting funders enabled us to produce an array of content on:
- profiles of award-winning researchers (Lundbeck Foundation - The Brain Prize),
- intersections between neuroscience and society (Dana Foundation),
- and an interactive human brain model (The Wellcome Trust),
- mental health (Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research),
- animals in research (The Klingenstein Fund),
- and emerging research and technologies (BRAIN Initiative Alliance).
In addition, more than 20 content partners allowed us to share their brilliant work — and shared ours as well — furthering the network of reliable and accessible brain-aware content on the expanding internet.
Thank you to the scientists who volunteered to serve on our editorial board or as scientific project advisors and reviewers.
And to you, our visitors — thank you for your attention and curiosity. In a million places you could go to learn about the brain and nervous system, you chose us. Thank you for letting us be your guide. What would you like to see on BrainFacts.org in our next decade?
CONTENT PROVIDED BY