The 2020 Brain Awareness Video Contest Is Open
The Brain Awareness Video Contest (BAVC) is free to enter and open to all! Find a member of the Society for Neuroscience near you to sponsor your submission of an educational video about the brain and nervous system. Whether it’s an animation, song, or skit, you can share the wonders of science in the 2020 Brain Awareness Video Contest.
Five tips to creating a great video:
- Be professional.
- Pay attention to lighting and audio quality!
- Be concise.
- 50 percent of viewers tune out after 3 minutes.
- Know your audience.
- Drop the jargon and make it relevant and easy to understand.
- Be entertaining.
- Use humor, a quick pace, and creative production.
- Take advantage of what’s around you: white board drawings do well, so do videos shot in the lab or other interesting settings.
- Be unique.
- Videos about surprising and quirky facts are popular.
- Come up with a great title.
- Accurately convey the video’s content.
- Lists and questions tend to do well.
This summer, help us spread the word about the Brain Awareness People’s Choice Contest! Follow BrainFacts.org on Twitter, Faceook, and Instagram + use the hashtag #BAVC20 on social media.
- First place: $1,000 plus travel, two-nights lodging, and registration to Neuroscience 2020 in Washington, DC.
- Second place: $500
- Third place: $250
- People's Choice: $500
Read the 2020 rules and regulations.
Check out the 2019 Brain Awareness Video Contest winners
We received many excellent video submissions exploring the wonders of the brain and nervous system. See the winners of the 2019 Brain Awareness Video Contest:
View the top videos from previous years and read the rules and regulations.