Congratulations to the 2019 Brain Awareness Video Contest winners!
We received many excellent video submissions exploring the wonders of the brain and nervous system. See the winners of the 2019 Brain Awareness Video Contest:
- First place: $1,000 plus travel, two-nights lodging, and registration to Neuroscience 2019 in Chicago, IL.
- Second place: $500
- Third place: $250
- People's Choice: $500
Read the 2019 rules and regulations.
Five tips to creating a great video:
- Be professional.
- Pay attention to lighting and audio quality!
- Be concise.
- 50 percent of viewers tune out after 3 minutes.
- Know your audience.
- Drop the jargon, and make it relevant.
- Be entertaining.
- Use humor, a quick pace, and creative production.
- Take advantage of what’s around you: white board drawings do well, so do videos shot in the lab or other interesting settings.
- Be unique.
- Videos about surprising and quirky facts are popular.
- Come up with a great title.
- Accurately convey the video’s content.
- Be Google friendly – lists and questions tend to do well.
Help us spread the word about the Brain Awareness People’s Choice Contest!
The 2019 Brain Awareness Video Contest Has Closed
Thank you for all of your submissions. The portal has now closed.
View the top videos from previous years and read the rules and regulations.